Access Guide For Edlington Hall Cottage
The Cottage is located directly behind Edlington Hall, and is reached by the same driveway. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please do call. We look forward to welcoming you.
• We have a website www.edlingtonhallcottage.co.uk,which links to our e-mail, info@edlingtonhallcottage.
• Bookings / enquiries can be made via the website/e-mail, email, or phone
• The nearest bus stop is on the A158, approximately 600 yards from the cottage.
• The nearest train station (Metheringham) is roughly 15 miles away; there are wheelchair ramps at the station, taxis can be arranged for collection at the station.
• We can arrange for shopping to be delivered on arrival, there is a welcome basket comprising Lincolnshire Plub Loaf and fresh milk on arrival.
• We can provide information in large print on request.
• The nearest RADAR toilet is in St Lawrence St, Horncastle approximately 2 miles distant.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is a car park at the front of the cottage with space for one car, further parking is available on the adjacent Hall driveway.
• The car park is hard-core surfaced with gravel, it is relatively even.
• Parking is 5 yards from the front door.
• The front door has 1 step and a doorsill, the step is 4” high, 14” deep, and is wider than the 26” door, and the sill is 5” high. The keyhole and handle is on the left-hand side and is 41” high. There is a small step inside the door, 7” deep, 3.5” high with a 2” sill. The door is hinged on the right.
• Inside the front entrance is a corridor 56” wide.
• The staircase is 1 flight to the first floor landing. The 12 stairs are 7” high, 9” deep, and 26” wide.
• There is a W.C./Shower and a Utility Room off the corridor. The doors are 30” wide and the handles are 40” high. The doors open into the room. The W.C. is a LH hinge, the Utility is a RH hinge.
• The downstairs shower sill is 7” high, and the tray is 35X26”.
•The corridor leads to the open plan diner/kitchen and lounge.
• There is WIFI access in the cottage, the code for which is printed in the cottage folder
• Smoke alarms fitted downstairs and upstairs.
• Downstairs room flooring is wood veneer all on the same level.
• Bedrooms, stairs and landing are all covered by thick pile fitted carpet.
• All light switches are 42” above the floor.
Kitchen/Diner & Lounge
• The rooms are open plan.
• The entrance to the kitchen is 30” wide, the entrance to the lounge 43”.
• The small lounge has a table (moveable side to side) – legs on each corner, 16” floor to top of table, 3’6” long, 2’ wide.
• Free space between table and furniture/walls is at least 24” on 3 sides.
• Sofas (moveable) – 2 chairs with padded seat and arms.
• There is a thick pile rug underneath the table.
• Teletext TV provided with remote control (also available are DVD, stereo with CD, radio and tape)
• There are French Doors in the Lounge leading out to a small gravel covered patio. The doors open outward, but there is a 6” sill inside the doors. The doors are 41” wide, the outside step and sill each measure 4”high.
• The kitchen has a table and 6 armless chairs. The table is 5’ by 3’wide and 30” high.
• The kitchen sink, worktops and cooker hob are 36” high, and the oven door is 10” off the floor and opens out and downwards.
• There is a fridge, a freezer, and a dishwasher at floor level.
• The laundry is in the Utility Room. There is a standard size washer, which is front loading, and a front loading dryer provided. The washing machine door is 10” off the floor, the dryer door 4’ high.
First Floor Landing
• The landing measures 86x36”, the two bedrooms and the bathroom open off the landing.
• Door width 24”, RH hinge opens inward. This door is only 5’8” high.
• King Sized Double bed.
• Bed height 32” floor to top of mattress.
• Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are cotton
• Largest transfer space available to left or right of bed is 32”.
• Largest free space clear of doors and furniture is 54”by 5’.
Bathroom & WC [Ensuite]
• Door width 30” wide, RH hinge, inward opening.
• Bath with flexible shower over, bath surround is 22” high, bath is 5’6” long.
• Basin height is 32”. Toilet seat height 18”.
• Free space in bathroom (free of doors and furniture) is 5’ by 5’4”.
• Flooring is laminate, with 2 large fabric rugs.
• Release mechanism on outside of locked door.
• Door width 28”, LH hinge opens inward.
• Two Single beds.
• Bed height 20” floor to top of mattress.
• Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are cotton
• Largest free space clear of doors and furniture is 32” by 5’.
Grounds and Gardens
• There is a gravel patio outside the lounge. A circular table and 4 chairs are available, with an umbrella. There is a small chiminea and a Weber barbecue.
• A grass garden is on 2 sides of the cottage. There is a rotary drying line available.
• The flat is no smoking
• Pets and service dogs are welcome – please inform us on booking. Pets cost additional £10 per day, but service dogs are free of charge.